Latest posts by Michael Miller (see all)
- Virtual Call Center Jobs Work from Home - December 9, 2016
- How To Make Money On the Side While Starting Your Own Business - November 18, 2016
- General Transcription Jobs from Home for Beginners - November 14, 2016
Being a blogger, we all know the importance of Alexa ranking. It shows the global popularity of the site, daily page views, bounce rate, keywords and many more features some are free some are paid. In this post, I share with you the three basic steps which all bloggers need to implement to improve their site ranking.
Controversies about Alexa
Some blogger might think that Alexa has no use in the effectiveness of approving your AdSense application. But the majority is in favour of improving Alexa ranking and its effect on AdSense. To be on the safe side, it’s better to work on Alexa ranking.
Talk about the leap holes in Alexa ranking. Well, it gives priority to its premium customer. So, an authenticity of Alexa ranking is still debatable, because if you avail their premium service then on day first they will rank you around 7,00,000 – 8,00,000, according to them availing their premium services will make them possible to directly collect the data from the site as you certify your site with Alexa. If you don’t buy their service then your ranking will start from more than 10,00,00,000. Premium service just not only improves ranking but provide a lot of features.
- You can make money online
- Make blog in 3 very simple steps is just one step away
- Start publishing on your blog Easy Tutorial
Start Alexa as Free
Since for beginners, it is advised to start their free services by doing these three basic and simple steps.
- Claim your site
- Download the Alexa toolbar
- Place Alexa ranking widget
Step 1: Claim Your Site
As soon as you set your custom domain or make your blog, you should claim your site by logging in to www.alexa.com. This will save your time and you rank higher and higher as time goes. Here is a step by step tutorial to claim your site.
- On the right top corner enter your site and click on find.
- You will get a message about not having enough data to rank the site, like shown
- Click get certified in the green box. You will see the prices of basic, insight and advance plan. You can choose any of it. But here I am discussing a free claim. So scroll down where you find claim a site with a free Alexa account. You can see the screenshot below.
- Click on the claim a site
- Enter your site URL and click continue.
- By clicking continue a screen appear, asking for your email address.
- If you have an account, then enter the email and password and select the option of returning user, otherwise enter the email address and select the new user to create a free account. Click on continue, a confirmation email has sent to you to verify your account.
- You need to verify ownership to claim this site. You can choose any of the three methods. I find it convenient to use the second method, copy the meta tag and place it in the head tag of your HTML code. Click on verify my ID. You get a message that “Your site is successfully claimed”
Step 2: Download the Alexa toolbar
To improve alexa ranking, it’s worth of using alexa toolbar because it collects the data through its toolbar. So, whenever a user, having installed alexa toolbar, visit a site, it will improve the site’s alexa ranking.
Download alexa toolbar here and then click on install alexa extension to get it installed on your chrome web browser.
Step 3: Place alexa ranking widget
Since visitors to your site when see an alexa ranking widget, they may click on it to see more facts about the site, which in return increase site rank.
Replace the web address in red with your site domain name. Don’t add http:// and www in this code. Then copy this code and paste it to html of your site.
- Add Pages to your Blog
- Get your Google Webmaster Account with simple steps
- Submit your Sitemap to Google
Hope you like the post and implement these basic steps. Comment us how much your site rank is improved.